Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dialog with God

I’m glad God is the rational one in our relationship. Sometimes when I feel like things in my life are getting just a little too out of control, I can get a little emotional. Maybe even a lot emotional.

I cry out to God, and sometimes I feel like the conversation goes a little like this:

Me:      I can’t believe that just happened! My world is falling apart! This is catastrophic!

God:    Relax. It’s under control.

Me:      Relax?! Don’t you know how important this is to me?!?

God:    I do. That’s kinda the point…

Me:      Then why are you letting this happen?!? I can’t handle this right now!!

God:    Don’t. Let me.

Me:      You?! What are YOU gonna do about it?! If I don’t figure out how to fix this RIGHT NOW –

God:    You can’t fix it. Just be patient. Haven’t you learned by now that you can trust me?

Me:      I guess so, but –

God:    Patience.

Me:      Fine. But –

God:    Trust.

Me:      *sigh*

            Can I –

God:    Faith.

Me:      Ok, ok.

God:    Perhaps you could do some reading while you wait. Let me recommend a Good Book…


And then a few days go by. I’ve stopped worrying about the problem, but I’ve also kind of given up hope that it will be resolved. I’ve just come to a place of acceptance…

And then God surprises me.

He fixes it. Just like that. Effortlessly.


Me:      Thanks God. I guess you were right. I realize I can trust you, after all.

God:    See. I told you.

Me:      I’ll never doubt you again…


A week later…

Me:      I can’t believe that just happened! My world is falling apart! This is catastrophic!

God:    Relax. Don’t you remember the last time you said that?

Me:      Yeah, but –

God:    Really? Are you REALLY gonna make me go there again?

Me:      *sigh* I’ll get the Book…

1 comment:

  1. DO YOU NEED A LOAN TO START UP OR EXPAND YOUR BUSINESS? Zion financial services is a sincere and certified private Loan company approved by the Canadian Government, we give out international and local loans to all countries in the world, Amount given out $5000 to $10 Million. We offer loans with a dependable guarantee to all of our clients. Our loan interest rates are very low and affordable with a negotiable duration.

    Available now are
    MORTGAGE LOANS, CAR LOANS, STUDENT LOANS, PERSONAL LOANS, START-UP & EXPANSION OF BUSINESS LOANS AND DEPT CONSOLIDATION LOANS

    Apply for a loan today with your loan amount and duration, Its Easy and fast to get 3% interest rates per annum and monthly installment payments. email us now to apply: zionloanfirm.ltd@aol.com

    OUR COMPANY IS BASED IN CANADA.
    But we give out international and local loans to all countries in the world. Email us now to apply: zionloanfirm.ltd@aol.com

    ReplyDelete